Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Terrible Two's are upon us!!!

My baby girl has now turned 2! It truly is amazing how fast time flies when you have children! Kaitlyn has matured much more rapidly than Tyler had at this age and so it has felt like she has been 2 for quite some time. I am able to rationalize with her (to a point ), she speaks in complete sentences, and has a desire to learn about everything.

I feel like she is babied much more than Tyler was at this age and so I am trying to be aware of this so we do not create a monster!! The problem is she has David and even Tyler rapped around her finger. Her father has told her she is a pretty girl so many times that when she looks in the mirror she says "who's that pretty girl, it's me! Kaitlyn!" Tyler adores her and is always trying to meet her needs or comfort her. He almost had her talked down at the doctor today when she was upset about getting shots! I do love that she is loved so dearly, but I also am concerned that she can have Diva moments in order to get the attention she is accustomed to!

Of course Kaitlyn can have her moments. For instance, she bangs her head against the oven because she does not get what she wants or she can throw a fit at the park because she wants me to hold her or be pushed in the stroller the entire time of our walk. But for the most part she is a good girl! She differs from Tyler in that she can sit and be entertained for long periods of time with just a book or snuggling with mommy or daddy. Where as Tyler would rather try and do a flip in the chairs at church (happened this past Sunday). She is also much easier to take shopping and enjoys it most of the time, a dream come true for me!!!

I feel such a special bond with Kaitlyn and hope she will always want to be close to me and her family.

Kaitlyn and my old dolly. At first she liked it and played with it but has since moved on :(.

She loves Mickey Mouse Club House so that was our theme for the cake. She really got into blowing out the candles this year. I was amazed by her efforts! Last year she grabbed for the candles and so I was glad this years experience was a little less exciting! Kaitlyn is so much more animated that Tyler. Tyler always plays it cool but Kaitlyn jumps for joy at the talk of a cookie. She was so excited for her cake, it was priceless to see her face when we were singing to her.

Note to self- Put Kaitlyn in a chair away from the other children or else she will have no chance at opening gifts on her own! Especially when her brother is around!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Happy Birthday Kaitlyn! It is interesting to see how different siblings can be as they grow up!

John n Shannon said...

Kaitlyn is a Diva? I'm soooo shocked! Can't imagine she could have gotten it from her Mommy could she? ;-) She looks adorable. We are getting ready to celebrate Addison's 2nd birthday on the 28th. Ours will have a Mickey Mouse theme too. Apparently it's all the rage at this age?