Now that Tyler is getting older it is fun to watch him actually interact and be aware of other kids. Before he would just kind of look at other kids but not want much else to do with them, well unless they had a toy or food that he wanted! Because Tyler is stuck at home with his mommy most of the time, I have tried to make a conscience effort to go to playgroups to help him to be social and not always "cling" to his mommy. I am aware that some kids just have a tendency to be more reserved than others but I have been trying to at least expose him to the fun and bonds that friends bring. So far Tyler has not been a shy child at all. If he see's other "little people" at the store he starts smiling and yelling to get their attention. This then brings one of two reactions, either the child is startled or the child smiles back. Luckily Tyler does not seem to be put off by rejection and so any reaction or just the sight of another child makes him happy.
Tyler and I have been so blessed to have made such good friends that I wanted to highlight them in my blog. He really enjoys all of his close buddies and I am glad that he has been able to get together with them often. It has been fun to get to know all of the babies since they were born and to watch them all grow up together! Although it may be sounding like these relationships are mostly for Tyler, we all know that these play groups are vital to my sanity! It has been so nice to have friends that are going through the same stages of life and that have the same concerns that I have. We have all been able to help each other through the ups and downs and I don't know what I would do with out them!!! I just wish 2 of them did not have to move away!!!
Tyler enjoying the "surfing" lesson. Tyler is always hugging his friend and we always laugh when they run off to another room together to play! They are good pals!
It is so awesome to have Tyler's cousin right here in town. It is so nice when Tyler goes over to his house to play and get's to know him better. I have appreciated all of the times his aunt and uncle have watched Tyler for me! It is so much fun to see the similarities Tyler and his adorable cousin have in common!
Tyler and his crew! The poor little boy in back is still scared after the incident of Tyler bitting him on the bottom! They were born only a week apart. You can't notice here, but he has such pretty blue eyes!
We were all in the dinning room enjoying dinner when I went into the play room to check on the kids, and as you can see, I have proof they were all playing well together!
He is so layed back! Even when Tyler bit him in the arm and left marks he still loved him! We can learn so much from his calm demeanor! He is so so sweet!
6 comments:
I LOVE all of his friends! These pictures are so cute. My favorite is the "surfing lesson" picture - too cute! I love watching the kids together now but I am sure it will be even more fun when they can talk - I can't imagine the things they will cook up!
So when do we get to come out for a Mizzou Game?
Cute pictures! I missed the "biting on the bottom" story. I guess I need to have lunch with Dave more.
Luv the pic of Tyler in the Mizzou outfit..he looks like a mini Dave b/c of it! I think it's great how Tyler loves other kids--still cracks me up how he'll just let Claire haul him around. He's just so cute.
I think playgroups really are the best for Moms:) He is a cutie pie! You guys should come over and play one day and we will drink DP.
Looks like you are having fun. It is tough to be home all day, but totally worth it. It's good to have friends to have adult conversations with, I would die without it. Miss ya.
Post a Comment